Many Companies contact the School of Applied Computing to request Computing Graduates, some recent examples include Waters Creative and HiTech Labs below:
Also Hitec Laboratories Ltd are currently looking for a 1st Level Support Analyst, to be based at Hitec’s head office in Swansea. Hitec solutions span Enterprise Content Management (ECM) and Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC). The 1st Level Support Analyst is responsible for providing first line support for Hitec’s Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) solution. The job specification is below, if you are interested please contact Janet Crame (Operations Director) via e-mail email@example.com.
The work is conducted in a dynamic environment with support enquiries being made on a range of issues from product specific support to more general PC and network environment support. The role involves working closely with the Testing and Development teams in order to provide incident verification and progress more involved issues. There is also the requirement to work in collaboration with the Professional Services and Engineering teams within Hitec (Laboratories) Ltd. Initial product training will be given along with any other associated training that may be necessary from time to time. There is also a high reliance on self-training and knowledge gathering particularly for related background information.
- Call Logging, Incident diagnosis, Incident verification, working with testing and development teams
- Incident prioritisation, Incident resolution, Managing incidents within customer SLAs
- Keeping customers updated with progress
- Schedule support with other team members
- Maintain knowledge base.
Technical Skills/Experience/Understanding Required:
- Familiarity with MS SQL Server support
- Windows Client Operating Systems
- Familiarity with Windows Server Operating Systems support
- Databases in general; MS SQL Server in particular
- Microsoft IIS set-up and configuration
- Windows security and user management.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong administration and call-logging, Incident ownership
- Able to take support calls and summarise the key issues.
- Ability to diagnose and prioritise issues
- Strong communication skills
- Enjoy learning about new products both from given training and self study.
- Have a technical education at HND level or equivalent.
- It would be an advantage to have experience in using a bug reporting and management system.
Hours of work: 9am – 5.30pm Monday – Friday, with 1 hour for lunch.
Holiday: 22 days per year increasing to 25 days after 3 years service, plus 8 UK Bank Holidays.
Probationary period: 3 months, followed by a formal review.
Other benefits:Company pension scheme and private medical cover available at end of probationary period. Life assurance & childcare vouchers also available.
For many more local Web Development jobs please click here: indeed IT System Support jobs, Monster IT System Support. For information about the School’s Computing Information Systems & Business Computing degrees please click the preceding links.