FDM are always on the look out for talented people with great potential to join their team. FDM Group’s award winning graduate programme is designed to help graduate students bridge the gap between academia and employment.
FDM Group is the UK’s largest employer of IT Graduates and has launched the careers of over 3000 graduate students to date. FDM Group is an international IT services company, headquartered in Brighton, United Kingdom with offices in London, Manchester, New York, Frankfurt, Zurich, Luxembourg, Hong Kong and Singapore. The company provides services for project management, infrastructure support, application support, software testing, software development and training.
In a bid to combat the shortage of women in IT, FDM has implemented an initiative that promotes and encourages women to launch a career in IT. FDM has also established a female mentoring programme where our ‘Female Champions’ mentor fellow colleagues and organise events to raise awareness of the attractive opportunities for women in the IT industry.
The FDM Graduate Programme provides high-quality training to prepare Graduates for a rewarding Career as part of the FRM Group. For more information about the FDM Graduate Programme please click-here.
A mini documentary investigating career opportunities in IT and Technology. In this video, technology role models discuss what the future holds for the IT Industry and what that means for careers:
Who are the best people to advice businesses on how to embrace and use New Technology such as Social Media, Mobile Apps and Cloud Computing: You, the new upcoming Generation and Graduates of today.
Prosper Recruitment are currently seeking Graduates and Postgraduates for exciting job opportunities in the field of Software Development:
Software Developer (Ref. 3110) : Gwent
> Permanent £30-£33K
Our client is a leader in the manufacture and supply of high quality products for the financial and retail sectors. They currently have an opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer to join their team as soon as possible
- To design, support and maintain the company’s software products and applications
- Assist internal and external customers to derive appropriate software specifications for products.
- Manage and develop new software projects through the entire development lifecycle.
- Design, develop and validate software changes in compliance with approved procedures and within agreed timescales.
- Manage temporary or contract personnel on PC-software projects.
- Provide advice, support and training on software use to staff and customers.
- A relevant degree or equivalent with proven programming experience
- Experience of C# and .NET framework and JAVA on a Windows platform.
- Familiar with ASP, AJAX, CSS
- Experience of RS232 and USB communications protocols
- Experience of Microsoft SQL databases.
- Knowledge of embedded C would be an advantage but not essential.
- Excellent analytical, numeric and interpersonal skills.
- Strong team player, flexible and customer-focused
Software Developer (Ref. 3109) : Swansea
Our client operates on a worldwide basis delivering the best Control of Work software tools and support services to the largest multinational oil, gas and chemicals companies in the world. They are seeking a talented individual to enhance their development team.
- To support the company’s specialist software
- Work with the development team at all stages of the development lifecycle
- To research and take advantage of the latest technologies and advances
- Good degree in Computing or IT related subject
- Proven experience of all stages of IT Product Design
- Experience of using ASP.NET, .Net Framework, C# and SQL is required
- Excellent awareness of the latest technologies
- Excellent communication skills with a good standard of written and spoken English
- Self motivated team worker able to work unsupervised to tight deadlines
- To be able to travel as there may be opportunities with this role
IT Manager (Ref. 2674) : South West Wales
> Permanent : Circa £35K
Our clients are established and highly successful medium sized coming offering services to manufacturing companies throughout the UK. The company are currently seeking to recruit an experienced IT Manager to play a key role in maintaining and developing their networked systems to support the business
- Lead IT operational and strategic planning to suit business strategy
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure
- Manage financial aspects of all IT, including purchasing and budgets
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing
- Manage the deployment, integration, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including network servers, company website, telephone systems, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software applications, technical support
- Manage small IT team including recruitment, supervision and development
- Maintain, monitor, update and improve company website
- Strong technical knowledge of PC operating systems, networking, website and communication technologies and protocols
- Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, architecture design, and standards
- Experience with Sage and SQL server database management systems
- Ideally you will have experience in web / software development programmes
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development
- Ability to manage Managing Multi sites
- You will have strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ideally understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures
Take a look at our current vacancies at: www.prosperec.co.uk and register today by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
New and in-depth research among employers has exposed the full potential of the digital sector to boost economic growth, but has also laid bare some significant skills shortages.
The next ten years will see the digital sector become a powerhouse of the UK economy, predicts the report. Green IT and cloud computing will change the way organisations work, while mobile technology will continue to transform individuals’ relationships with business. Big data will put unprecedented power in the hands of enterprises with the skills to analyse it. And underlying all this activity will be the need to ensure safety and security, whether that’s protecting the UK from cyber attack or keeping citizens’ banking details private.
The digital sector directly contributes nearly £69bn to the economy and has been resilient to recession: since 2009 employment in the sector has grown more than three times the average for the whole economy. Maintaining this growth and realising the sector’s full potential will require escalating recruitment at higher skill levels: currently, nearly 20% of vacancies are difficult to fill owing to skills shortages. Given the increased need for deep technical skills alongside interpersonal, team-working and project management capability, people with a rounded and multi-disciplinary training are in particular demand.
“This research emphasises how central technology is to the economy,” says Karen Price, CEO of e-skills UK. The research was commissioned by the UK Commission for Employment and Skills, and carried out by e-skills UK, the employer body for the digital industries. One of the key findings is that there is a growing need for high level IT specialisms, such as IT Architects, Big Data and Security specialists.
To access the full report please click-here.
Excellent Business Technology & Software Development Opportunities for IT & Computing Graduates @:
+ Many more: please click here.
A mini documentary by BigAmbition investigating career opportunities in IT and Technology and the varied routes into the industry. In this video, technology role models provide an overview of the IT industry and how it’s shaping our world.
Dream Job is the latest feature on the BigAmbition website which covers all aspects of working in IT in a fun, interactive way. Students, teachers and advisers can get a real insight into the opportunities available with tech careers in a variety of companies.
- discover the perfect IT job using interactive games and quizzes
- hear about life as an IT professional by watching any of over 75 video interviews
- find out about potential employers through company-profile videos featuring big names like Microsoft, BBC and BT, alongside small entrepreneurial businesses
- watch videos on individual role profiles from a range of professionals within the IT Industry
- learn about current technology career trends through news articles
- enter competitions that give entrants the chance to win valuable prizes.
Access our Dream Job game now and try it out for yourself, or pass it on for someone to try.