The Team at the School of Applied Computing have been busy updating all existing courses and writing a lot of exciting new ones*. The School’s undergraduate portfolio is being greatly extended with 7 new courses:
- Applied Computing
- *Business Computing
- Business Information Technology
- *Cloud Computing
- Computing and Information Systems
- Computer Games Development
- *Computer Graphics & Visualisation
- Computer Networks
- Computer Systems & Electronics
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- *GIS & Environmental Conservation
- *Mobile Computing & Application Development
- *Robotics & Intelligent Systems
- Software Engineering
- Web Development
- *Wireless Communication Systems
WATCH THIS SPACE ;-). For more information please click-here.
* Subject to validation.
Prosper Recruitment are currently seeking Graduates and Postgraduates for exciting job opportunities in the field of Software Development:
Software Developer (Ref. 3110) : Gwent
> Permanent £30-£33K
Our client is a leader in the manufacture and supply of high quality products for the financial and retail sectors. They currently have an opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer to join their team as soon as possible
- To design, support and maintain the company’s software products and applications
- Assist internal and external customers to derive appropriate software specifications for products.
- Manage and develop new software projects through the entire development lifecycle.
- Design, develop and validate software changes in compliance with approved procedures and within agreed timescales.
- Manage temporary or contract personnel on PC-software projects.
- Provide advice, support and training on software use to staff and customers.
- A relevant degree or equivalent with proven programming experience
- Experience of C# and .NET framework and JAVA on a Windows platform.
- Familiar with ASP, AJAX, CSS
- Experience of RS232 and USB communications protocols
- Experience of Microsoft SQL databases.
- Knowledge of embedded C would be an advantage but not essential.
- Excellent analytical, numeric and interpersonal skills.
- Strong team player, flexible and customer-focused
Software Developer (Ref. 3109) : Swansea
Our client operates on a worldwide basis delivering the best Control of Work software tools and support services to the largest multinational oil, gas and chemicals companies in the world. They are seeking a talented individual to enhance their development team.
- To support the company’s specialist software
- Work with the development team at all stages of the development lifecycle
- To research and take advantage of the latest technologies and advances
- Good degree in Computing or IT related subject
- Proven experience of all stages of IT Product Design
- Experience of using ASP.NET, .Net Framework, C# and SQL is required
- Excellent awareness of the latest technologies
- Excellent communication skills with a good standard of written and spoken English
- Self motivated team worker able to work unsupervised to tight deadlines
- To be able to travel as there may be opportunities with this role
IT Manager (Ref. 2674) : South West Wales
> Permanent : Circa £35K
Our clients are established and highly successful medium sized coming offering services to manufacturing companies throughout the UK. The company are currently seeking to recruit an experienced IT Manager to play a key role in maintaining and developing their networked systems to support the business
- Lead IT operational and strategic planning to suit business strategy
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure
- Manage financial aspects of all IT, including purchasing and budgets
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing
- Manage the deployment, integration, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including network servers, company website, telephone systems, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software applications, technical support
- Manage small IT team including recruitment, supervision and development
- Maintain, monitor, update and improve company website
- Strong technical knowledge of PC operating systems, networking, website and communication technologies and protocols
- Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, architecture design, and standards
- Experience with Sage and SQL server database management systems
- Ideally you will have experience in web / software development programmes
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development
- Ability to manage Managing Multi sites
- You will have strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ideally understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures
Take a look at our current vacancies at: www.prosperec.co.uk and register today by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.