Enterprise Masterclass Series by Paul Harwood
The Applied Computing Team at UWTSD would like to thank Paul Harwood (Seasoned Tech Entrepreneur and Co-founder of Techhub Swansea) for delivering a series of Enterprise Masterclass lectures to our students. It has been a fantastic opportunity for our students to learn from one of the most experienced Tech Start-Up professionals in the region.
Paul shared his valuable knowledge experience insights and industry predictions during a series of 6 talks (listed below) covering areas including Value & Money, Wallets & Cryptocurrency, Success & failure factors, Understanding Markets, Adaptability and Resilience.
A brief description of each talk is listed below:
- Talk 1: Money, Shares, Value, Deals What is money anyway? Why measuring value is important. What do shares mean? A condensed history of measuring value, from bartering to cheques, from shares to cryptocurrency. How to bake a deal the right way.
- Talk 2: Founders and Investors. How many founders is good? Looking at how many founders is good? What do you need to be a good founder? What do investors want? What do founder deals typically look like? Who’s liable.
- Talk 3: Why Companies Die. Why companies failed and why they will typically fail in the future. How to handle a company failure and what tell tale signs can you identify before it goes bad.
- Talk 4: Products, Sales, Markets and Timing. Identifying product / market fit is a key skill for any founder. Selling your wares to the world is also a skill. You can learn both techniques quickly by listening.
- Talk 5: Viable Businesses. Viable systems are made because they can adapt to their environment. If you can’t adapt, you won’t survive. Learn how to structure a startup without strangling it with admin.
- Talk 6: Resilience. Resilience Being ‘strong’ is normally the stupid thing to do. Coping with change means being flexible and resilient. Learn the difference and how to cope well with adversity.
About Paul: Paul is a seasoned entrepreneur with experienced knowledge of BigData, Blockchain and Cryptocurrency and a passion for Building systems for a decentralised future. Originally from Swansea, Paul co-founded TechHub Swansea and has spent the last 17 years working on his own companies in Bristol and London. A successful Entrepreneur/Developer with product management and delivery expertise. Proven successes in building Tech products and communities. Highly experienced in product management/product strategy, system design, high availability and UX skills.
For more information about Paul and Techhub Swansea please click-here. For more information about Computing courses at UWTSD please click-here.