Name: Michael Joseph H. Uy
What was your HE course and when did you graduate?
BEng Computer Systems and Electronics 2012
Could you briefly describe the organization you work for?
RPS Group PLC is one of the World’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancies advising on all aspects of the built & natural environment.
What is your job title and role?
Job Title: Technician
- Calibrate, maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical surveying instruments and testing equipment.
- Measure and adjust voltages to specified values to determine operational accuracy of instruments.
- Using devices (such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes,) to ensure compatibility and integrity of equipment.
- Adjust, repair, or replace electrical or electronic component parts to correct defects and to ensure conformance and calibration to manufacturers specifications. (Install components, units, sub-assemblies, wiring, and assembly casings, using rivets, bolts, soldering and micro-welding equipment)
- Clean parts, using cleaning solutions, air hoses, and cloths. Mark and tag equipment so that stock inventory can be tracked and identified.
What modules are most helpful to you in your job?
Where do you use your specialist skills and abilities?
Do you find yourself using the transferable skills that you developed in University?
Communication skills, Analytic skills and Team working
What aspects of your job do you enjoy most?
Helping crew recover data from a faulty surveying equipment.